Villa Caravaggio is located only 1 km away from the town of Figline Valdarno in southern Florence and 28 km from the wonderful historic city of Florence. The five-bedroom villa which accommodates ten persons is part of a private estate wonderfully situated in the rolling hills of Chianti. This classic Tuscan villa has been luxuriously renovated to provide modern comfort while retaining its character. The grounds feature a spacious outdoor terrace with terracotta flooring suitable for evening aperitifs and al fresco dining, a secluded garden and swimming pool with sun lounges and spectacular panoramic views over a breathtaking landscape enriched with vineyards and olive groves. For larger groups, the main villa can be rented together with its guest house located next to it accommodating a total of fourteen guests. When Villa Caravaggio is rented, the guest house is not available for other clients in order to guarantee complete privacy and exclusivity.
The ground floor of the main villa houses a living room with numerous windows and French doors opening onto the panoramic terrace, a dining room carefully decorated with fine materials and textiles with sitting for fourteen guests, a fully equipped and functional kitchen including a double oven, an American-style refrigerator, a pizza oven and a large fireplace. The interior terracotta floor tiles and beamed ceilings reveal a rustic beauty and traditional look. The first floor accommodates five tastefully decorated bedrooms each with en-suite bathroom, a library with wonderful views over the estate and a laundry room. The lovely guest house has a very spacious living room with a stone fireplace and an open-plan dining room and fully equipped kitchen equipped with direct access to a private outdoor garden. On the upper level there are two double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and an additional living room.
Villa Caravaggio is fully staffed including a maid in the morning, a cook for dinner and a butler for breakfast and dinner preparation for six days a week. During your stay at this exclusive holiday retreat you can enhance your Tuscan experience with a cooking lesson and learn how to prepare a four-course traditional Tuscan meal. The tailor-made lesson can be organized with a professional English-speaking chef and will be followed by a pure Tuscan dinner! You are also welcomed to use the communal areas of the estate including the main reception providing concierge services, two tennis courts and a shop-cafe which sells local organic products and serves delicious breakfast, light lunches and aperitifs. Nearby you will find some of the most charming medieval towns and cities of Tuscany including Florence, Arezzo, Siena, San Gimignano and the Chianti wine region.
With eight luxuriously renovated classic Tuscan villas, picturesque gardens enriched with stunning century old trees and a lovely Renaissance chapel, the estate offers the idyllic setting for a wedding destination.
- Alfresco dining
- Pizza oven
- Swimming pool
- Stereo system
- Baby cot
- Pool Towels
- Washing machine
- Iron & Ironing board
- Hair Dryer
- Satelite TV
- Spacious living room with numerous windows and French doors opening onto a panoramic terrace.
- Dining room with sitting for fourteen guests.
- Fully equipped kitchen including a double oven, an American-style refrigerator, a pizza oven and a large fireplace.
- Five guest rooms with en-suite bathroom.
- Library with wonderful views over the surrounding countryside.
- Laundry room.
- Spacious living room with a stone fireplace.
- Open-plan dining room with a fully equipped kitchen and direct access to a private outdoor garden.
- Two double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom.One additional living room.
- Bedroom 1 (First Floor): Master bedroom with queen-size bed, living room and en-suite bathroom with shower & bathtub.
- Bedroom 2 (First Floor): Double bedroom with with queen-size bed and en-suite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): Double bedroom with queen-size bed and en-suite bathroom with bathtub.
- Bedroom 4 (First Floor): Double bedroom with queen-size bed and en-suite bathroom with bathtub.
- Bedroom 5 (First Floor): Double bedroom with queen-size bed and en-suite bathroom with bathtub.
- All bedrooms have air conditioning.
- Bedroom 6 (First Floor): Double bedroom with queen-size bed and en-suite bathroom with bathtub.
- Bedroom 7 (First Floor): Double bedroom with queen-size bed (convertible into 2 twin beds) and en-suite bathroom with bathtub.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- Baby cot
- Mosquito nets
- Iron & Ironing board
- Panoramic terrace
- Outdoor furniture
- Al fresco dining
- Private swimming pool
- Sun loungers
- Two tennis courts (shared)
- Outdoor private parking
Included in the price:
- Linen (bed Linen & bath towels) upon arrival
- Pool towels
- Mid-week bed linen change
- Daily bath towels change 6 days a week (excluding Tuesday)
- Daily maid service every morning (excluding Tuesday)
- Daily Butler for breakfast 6 days a week from 8 am to 12 pm (excluding Tuesday)
- Daily Dinner service 6 days a week (excluding Tuesday) including cooking from 5 pm to 10 pm and a butler from 6 pm to 10 pm. The cost for food and drinks is not included.
- Concierge service at the reception of the estate
- Private swimming pool
- Gardener & pool maintenance
- Mountain bikes
- Baby cot available
- Final cleaning
- Water consumption
- Domestic gas
- Electricity up to 500 kw per week
Excluded from the price at an extra cost:
- Electricity above 500 kw per week
- Heating charges depending on usage, as per consumption
- Telephone charges
- Arrival pantry shopping list
- Shopping service
- Extra housekeeping service
- Food and beverages
- Laundry service
- Extra cook service (The cost of ingredients is extra)
- Babysitting service (requires advance booking)
- Cooking classes
- Wine tours & tasting
- Tennis instructor
- Yoga classes
- Guided bike tours
- Guided trekking tours
- E-bike rental
- Massage in the villa
- Personal shopper
- Taxi & Driver service
- Tailor made tours with driver
- Vacation photoshoot
- Ferrari experience
- Prices are subject to change without previous notice.
- The above optional services are available upon request and payable on-the-spot in cash and in Euros.
- Rentals during high season are from Saturday to Saturday (minimum 7 nights).
- For rentals during low and mid-season, a minimum of 3 nights stay is required.
- A security deposit of €1,500 is required upon arrival in cash (in Euros). It will be returned to guests upon departure, after checking if anything has been damaged in the villa.
- Check-in is from 4 pm to 7 pm and check-out until 10 am. You should contact the villa manager to inform about the approximate time of arrival. Earlier or late check-in may be available on request but requires advance notice.
- The pool usually opens from May 4 to October 12.
- Small and medium size pets are allowed but require an advance notice.
- No smoking permitted.
- For stays in the countryside and rural areas, a rental car is recommended due to the limited transportation.
- Please note that prices are listed in Euros and do not include taxes or unless otherwise noted.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax between €1.50 – €5.00 per person, per night and is applicable for the first 7 nights of a stay. This tax to be paid on-the-spot.
- Extra services may be required to be paid on-the-spot in cash (in Euros). Please check with your villa specialist for more details.
- All prices and services are subject to change without any previous notice.
A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total price should be submitted at the time of reservation to guarantee the booking.
Final Payment Terms:
Due 12 weeks prior to arrival (non-refundable final payment).
50% deposit is non-refundable. Bookings canceled within 12 weeks prior to arrival are non-refundable and subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
Distances from Towns, Cities & Airports:
- Florence: 32 km
- Chianti wine region: 45 km
- Arezzo: 48 km
- Siena: 57 km
- San Gimignano: 78 km
- Cortona: 88 km
- Florence airport: 54 km
- Pisa Airport: 114 km
- Roma Fiumicino Airport: 273 km
Points of interest:
- Nearest mini market: 1 km
- Nearest supermarket: 1 km
- Bank: 2 km
- Nearest railway station: 3.6 km
- Horseback riding
- Hot-air balloon
- Truffle hunting